Saturday 26 May 2018

Watching Star Wars for the first time: some observations on A New Hope

Well did you know that I've never seen any Star Wars? I've managed nearly three decades of living without Star Wars or Star Trek and its been O.K. But the time has come to change this, and after some advice on the best one to try I have watched 'Star Wars: A New Hope' here are some observations of mine in the order that I had them:


1. That R2-D2 looks like a colourful dalek – but I think he’s a good guy.

2. That must be Princess Leia I recognise the buns.


3. Those dudes led by Captain Antilles look like scouts crossed with firemen.

4. I think the pint-sized monk people might be baddies.

5. C-3PO is master of the bleeding obvious, bit annoying, might become endearing, jury still out.

6. Did IKEA base their PS 2014 on the death star?














7. Leia doing sleeping beauty and Luke as Prince Charming had me worried; thank goodness she turns out to be kickass in battle sequences.

8. There better be a good reason why Han Solo is such an ass-hat

9. Is it me or do the pilots in the pilots meeting look like the Oompa Loompas from the 70’s chocolate factory?!

(starwars.com)


10. Chewbacca - now there's an enigma...a bit like Groot its not about what he says but how he says it?


No comments:

Post a Comment